Sunday, August 26, 2007

Been awhile!

Well, on Riley's b-day, the last day I wrote, we went to my folks. I was going to LA with Shawna, and Brad had to work. So my folks took Riley for the weekend. We got down to my folks and we had the family, Dave, Cathie, Jennifer, Aunt Tina and Gina over for cake. He got some train stuff, some clothes and some books. It was fun. Friday morning Brad & I had to get up at like 3 am to drive him back to work. Shawna was going to pick me up at the plant but things changed and she picked me up at home.

We got down to LA, getting a TON of looks...two hot chicks in a red 'Vette...yeah. :) We took a cab to House of Blues at DownTown Disney for dinner. Then we went to a club in downtown Fullerton. Got back to our hotel at almost 3am. lol Sat we went to her cousins bridal shower. Back to the hotel. Met her folks, bro and sil for dinner. Went shopping. Back to the hotel, another cab, back to downtown Fullerton. Got back to the hotel around 3. Again. Got up in the morning and drove home.

At the Grapevine, I called Mom to let her know where we were on our drive home. She told me that they didn't know if they were going to be able to drive me & Riley to Monterey the next day because Nana was in the hospital again. So, I called Brad and asked him to pick us up. He was almost to Monterey, so he went, checked into the hotel and drove back up to San Mateo. Poor guy. We got to Monterey at almost 10.

Monday, after Brads class, we went and walked around the Fisherman's Wharf. It was a ton of fun! That night we had a dinner for everyone at the conference. Met a few other wives that were there. Tues we had a breakfast, then I took Riley over to the kids club for the day that the conference runners organized. I wandered around, shopped, read, etc. That night was the dinner at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. VERY fun!!! The aquarium was closed to the public, so it was just the conference people. Idiots were leaving half drunk glasses of wine and bottles of beer around. Riley grabbed a couple and drank some of them.

Wed I went to a class at the Monterey Culinary Institute. Riley went to kids camp again. Then him & I had to drive home because I had to be at a district meeting Thurdays morning, really didn't need to be there. Oh well. Fri I went to a staff meeting at the school. That was nice to be there. Drove BACK down to drop Riley with my folks for the night. Got down to Monterey, Brad & I went to a pub for dinner. It was the first night we had alone since Riley was born. Got back to Mom & Dads on Sat to find out that Nana had gone BACK in the hospital Fri morning. That night there was a surprise party for Jennifers 21st b-day. Sun we came home, went grocery shopping and came home.

Mon was the first day of school, first day of me student teaching. :) I am in the 4th grade with Barbara Chasteen. TONS of fun! I am LOVING my class. They seem low academically, but they are great! I don't know where I will be for my next session, I am hoping with Toni Linde in a combo class. That will be neat to see how those are run.

The first 2 weeks of school are over. I am teaching reading, spelling and english right now. Later this week I will start math. I am having a lot of fun. It's a lot of hard work. I have to bust my tail. It's hard being back at work after 2 years home with Riley, but I think that it is good for both of us too. I hope that next school year he is potty trained and I can put him in preschool. I think that it would be good for him. I've even picked the preschool! LOL How's THAT for confident? Not only that but he's on the wait list for the school. :)

Oh well, that's pretty much got me caught up! lol

Later!

No comments: