Tuesday, September 01, 2009

We're home!

There is so much to tell you all, I don't even know where to start. lol I'll start with the second leg of the trip, then go back to the beginning!

First, Philadelphia SUCKED. We hated it. :(

We arrived Thurs, I was EXHAUSTED (4 am comes early!), so I slept while B & R went to go check out this train that Brad found fliers for that he didn't think I'd want to do. That night my folks arrived and since they'd missed R so much we met them for dinner.

Fri we went to Amish country. Drove out to Intercourse and go to take a buggy ride where our driver was Amish. We had a lot of fun, honestly, that was the best part of Philly. We hurried back because we were supposed to be back for the rehearsal at 5 and we needed to go back to the hotel and change. Sis & her fiance were supposed to be at my folks hotel at 4, so we were supposed to arrive around then to see them. We got there at 4:40 & THEY WEREN'T THERE! They didn't arrive until almost 5:30. So we go to his parents, meet them, his bro, his sil, their kids & an uncle. Great. We ran through the wedding and made it to the restaurant in time for our 7pm reservation. With a 2 week old, a 3 yr old, 4 yr old & 5 yr old. LOL We were the first ones to leave, after 9, because R was just DONE. His family is nice though.

Sat was the wedding. We got up, went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast (OMG! That was so YUMMY!!!) & Target to get her gift. Had to get ready for the wedding and pick up D's friend from Ca who had flown out to take her. Got to the house for the wedding, fortunately BEFORE the party bus showed up. Yep, you read that right, a bunch of their friends from Philly and New York rented a bus to bring them so they didn't have to drink & drive (which was good). The wedding was, interesting to say the least. R went down the aisle in his black Cons, black pants, white shirt and his pirate hat. Which, btw, was my sisters idea! People were so wasted it was disgusting. People were totally stupid drunk. My sister looked stupid. I mean, she looked pretty but her dress was a bit on the short side given that she's flipping FORTY!!! lol [url]http://www.jessicamcclintock.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&productId=151152&categoryId=10330&subcatname=Short%20Dresses&spage=1&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10320[/url] (That's the link if you want to see it. Yes, it's under PROM!) We skipped out on the after party. I just couldn't handle being around those people anymore.

Sun we went into Philly and went to the Maritime museum. Went to Dave & Busters for dinner. My folks went with me.

Mon we went & did the train again. My idea. Drove back into Philly by all these back roads, tons of fun. Got into Philly, did a Duck Tour. I personally found it a waste of money. It was FUN, but I'd have preferred a bus tour.

Tues, that would be today, we were up at 4:40am (east coast time) to fly out at 7:15. And now we're home.

Maine, on the other hand, was AWESOME! Who knew? lol The part of the trip I was dreading was the best part! You know what, I'm going to do that in a different post. This one is long enough as it is. lol

No comments: