Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh good God, what NEXT!?

Ok, let me give the FULL thing of what has gone on in the last week!

Last Mon I got a yeast infection. Second one in MY LIFE. So on Tues we trot off to WalMart and get me some Monistat. I decide that I suck at treating anything for more than a day or two at the most, so I'm gonna do the Monistat 1. I get ready to do it that night...BAM! Riley has a fever of 102. Ok...NOT treating the yeast infection.

So, Riley now has a fever...Brad takes Wed off work to stay home cuz I am the sub, so I can't call in. Wed night, I treat the infection. After a bit of a panic of trying to find someone, we get some friends to drive darn near an hour to come watch Riley. Make appt with Riley's dr for Fri.

Thurs...you wouldn't think that I had even treated the infection. Itching, burning and...well, gross! Thurs night...Riley's fever is 102.4*. Not fun.

Fri...I still have infection. Riley has no fever. Brad is off work. We drive to his dr appt. Dr checks the ears...nothing. Does a strep test...nothing. I mention the yeast infection and that I am now wondering if the fact that I bought pretty smelling liquid fabric softener instead of my no perfume/no dye stuff could do this? Dr says yes...buy normal kind, wash all underwear, retreat infection with at LEAST the 3 day kind because the 1 day is crap. Ok Doc! Brad gets BRILLIANT idea that we should go see my folks Sat after our friends dd's b-day...my folks who are about 2.5 hrs away. We have to be home Sun night because I teach Mon.

Sat...I rewash ALL my panties. Cuz I can't remember what had been washed the week before. Go to b-day party. B-day girl and her mother show up 1 hr late. ARGH! Drive to my folks. Find out Nana is in the hospital...again. ARGH! Go see movie with Brad while my Mom watches Riley, because Dad is at the hospital with HIS Mom. Nana (who is 92 years old, btw) had a nose bleed. Because of her blood thinners they couldn't stop the bleeding...so off to the hospital for plasma and 2 units of blood. Yeah.

Sun...Brad & Dad do all the brakes on the van. As well as a few other things. NICE!!! :) Leave after 8pm. Had needed to leave by 7. Oh well. The whole thing with Nana and all. Feel sick all the way home. Headache, leg aches, nauseated, the whole thing. Thinking..."crap! I have the math book, the reading book, the spelling stuff...CRAP! I have almost the whole day with me!" Didn't think I would make it in Mon. (I'm student teaching.)

Mon...woke up feeling tired but fine. YAY! Go off to school. Come home. "Hey hon! Oh, by the way...Riley's dr called. He has strep. The dr sent the prescription to (local pharmacy)." WHAT!?!?!?!? After all that he DOES have strep!

So, now he is on an antibiotic that I am not allowed to administer or touch! FUN!! I also have to throw out the spoon that we use to administer the meds with when he's done. Ah, the joys of being allergic to antibiotics!

So, quick recap...Nana, in the hospital. Wants to die. Me, yeast infection/allergic reaction...treated, washed, gone. Riley, sick...seems fine, eating like a horse, tormenting cats, playing with neighbor, etc etc etc yet on an antibiotic that might or might not be dangerous to the point of death for me. FUN!

On the positive side...we booked our trip to Disneyland for during my fall break!! YAY!!! Four nights in a BRAND NEW Marriot...three days in Disneyland and California Adventure. Oh yeah, and a week off school! And then I get a new class. But I will miss the one that I am in now.

Later!

1 comment:

The other me said...

When is fall break? I wish you would be there in December! Glad you are better at least and oh....WHOOHOO on the baby news!