Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 1 of swim lessons

Ok, they are allowing Riley to be in the 4-6 yr old class even though he's not 4. He did the 3 yr old class last year & is really just beyond it. He was beyond it last year. I hope that this steps up some after today cuz what they did today is below him.


The first thing he did was look at one teacher and say "Teacher, I like your swimsuit." Then he said to the other teacher "Teacher, you're pretty." Yep, both are girls!

He had some issues with patience. They have 8 kids & 2 teachers. Some things the teacher needs to help the kids do. Which means 2 kids are doing it & the other 6 are supposed to wait. Well, he doesn't wait well. So the teachers are helping kids float on their stomachs and R is trying to do it on his own.

After the class I stopped to talk to one of the teachers. WE WERE THE ONLY ONES LEFT. I told her that I was sorry he didn't listen well, that he is probably the youngest in the class since he's 3 but that the 3 yr old class is below him. She told me that his ability is greater than the other kids! I told her that athletically he is advanced, but that every other way he is almost 4 and that means that he doesn't always listen well or have much patience. She was impressed that he's trying to move his arms while kicking.

So we have 9 more days of lessons. Hopefully they step it up.

No comments: