Friday, March 07, 2008

Birthdays and olive oil

Brad is, of course, working. But Riley & I went to Jedi's third b-day party tonight. The neighbors came, they are so sweet. And Shawna's folks and sister in law. And me & Riley. That was it. We didn't give him anything big, but he doesn't care. He's THREE.

I can't believe that he's three. That means that in five short months, Riley will be three. How did he get so big, so fast? I don't understand it at all. I did not give permission for Riley to get so big, so fast. Three. That's like, a preschooler! Insane.

I went to the dr on Wed. Annoying. She tells me that my cholesterol is high. Well, sort of. My GOOD cholesterol is too low. Which puts my total cholesterol .4 too high. Her advice? Exercise more and add olive oil to my diet. What, am I supposed to DRINK the stuff? I don't use any OTHER oil. And how much more an I supposed to exercise? I either walk or do Satori stuff 5 days a week. Absolutely no help at all. No help on how to lose the weight. "Exercise more, eat less." Yeah, ok lady. How about some REAL ideas. I watch my portions, I exercise, I don't know what else to do. I eat everything that "they" say to eat, and little to none of the stuff "they" say not to eat. Dr. Laurie, my chiropractor, thinks that I might have an intolerance to something and that is causing me to not be able to get the weight off.

I mean, who GAINS on WW? Yes, I lost at first, then I gained 10 lbs. Not really normal. I just don't know what to do anymore. I hate my body. I WANT to lose. I get so excited at Satori when I can feel those lower stomach muscles. In fact, the gals have laughed at me, not really at me, more like with me, when I react when I feel those lower muscles. It is weird because I haven't felt them since before I had Riley!

I just don't know what to do anymore about the weight. Frustrating.

Later.

No comments: