Saturday, March 01, 2008

My weekend

Yep, Brad had his vasectomy yesterday. He is doing really well in fact. He took ONE pain pill last night before bed and that is it. Today he says that all he feels is a slight pulling. I am thrilled that he isn't in pain. :) We went to lunch today, at the brewery, and hit an estate sale and a friends of the library book sale. I got a grocery bag of books for $5!! Most of them will be for the classroom, if I ever get one.

Riley got his hair cut this morning. Then he conned my mom into a cookie from the bakery. I don't know WHY she buys them for him. He always says that he wants one, and he gets a nice, cute cut out cookie, frosted and the whole bit, only to eat NONE of it at all. And this happens every time she gets his haircut! (Which she has done more than I have I think, or at least as many times!) He just adores Mr. Jason who cuts his hair down there. I think more than he likes Ms. Deirdre up here. Although Ms. Deirdre has a tractor chair for him. I was going to try the barbershop here in town, they have a fire engine, but when Mom hear that their cuts were $10 she freaked and said "No! I'll take him to Jason!" Never mind that some students have gone to this new barber shop and they look great! But apparently a $10 haircut is just crap to her. This is the same woman that made me go to Super Cuts till high school! lol

I had hoped to go out with Shawna and Kevin this weekend. But she has the same cold that we had last week. So that is a bummer. Although probably a good thing because I would hate to be off somewhere having fun and having to say "Oh, Brad's nuts hurt . . . gotta run!" Although THAT would be good for a laugh between Shawna and I!

I have no sub jobs lined up for next week either. I am sure that I will get some calls during the week though. And since Brad is on his 7 off I can take something for anyday. And the following week I have Tues, Wed, and Thurs booked already for Barbara. I am getting interesting requests for me for subbing. I was requested last week by a teacher that I had never been to. I thought that it was odd. Turns out that the lady at the sub desk told him to request me, as did his wife who is a principal at another school I've subbed at. Thurs afternoon I got a call from the sub lady, Nancy, asking me if I could do special ed at one of the schools on Fri. Apparently the principal there requested me! My biggest concern now is getting hired for fall. With the budget cuts that will be coming (thank YOU, idiots in Sacramento!) I don't know that I will be able to get hired. I hope for at least a temporary position, I don't need benefits, and that would put me in a good position for next year. The thing is, I am already well liked, but there just needs to be the positions available for me to apply for.

I am trying to get a lot of cleaning done this weekend. With Riley gone I can really move stuff and get rid of stuff that he doesn't play with. Of course, I still have a touch of the cold from last weekend so I do some and then I need to rest. And Brad can't do a whole lot, so it falls to me. Oh well. I hope to get more done tonight and tomorrow. We were supposed to go out tonight, but now I am wondering if we should or if we should just stay home. We at least need to run out and get dinner. I so need to go grocery shopping! Maybe tomorrow!

We are going to check out a new church tomorrow. The associate pastor was the high school pastor at our last church. And it is the same denomination as our last one. I'm not much of one for denomination, but we really liked the last church. We just weren't thrilled with the drive! They are having their first service at the new location tomorrow, so we will go and see if we like it. I don't know what I will do next weekend when Brad is at work though. Go there or to the place that we've been going to. They are the same distance. It will depend on how I feel about this place tomorrow. I always feel weird going to a new church without Brad. We'll see! I don't even know if we will like it. We really really enjoy the worship at GVCC. So who knows. We will have to see. I just haven't felt very connected at GVCC. We will have to see what it is like at LHCC.

Alright, we need to go get dinner and all of that good stuff! Later!

No comments: