Thursday, March 20, 2008

The funeral

The funeral was beautiful. Father Lee was nearly impossible to understand. He also seemed to get a little bit impatient when we weren't responding correctly. *IBEREH* HELLO! IT'S A FUNERAL! We weren't really a large group, other than family only Bill & Leanne, Al & Carroll, Josie & her daughter, Andrea (*eye roll*), Gina, Amy and Nadine came to the church. That was it. That is NOT a lot of people to hear in that HUGE church! Not to mention there were enough non-Catholics who wouldn't know what to do ANYWAY! ARGH!

The casket was beautiful. White, with pink with roses on the corners and in small areas on the sides. With some pink tinge toward the top. It was really nice.

So many people came. I mean, not really a LOT, but it was nice! Carroll, of course, wanted to help. As did Cathy. I made Jennifer help though! She took the plastic off all the meats and cheeses while I took them to the table. Everyone was great, it was great that Jeff was out too. That was just a fluke, but a nice one. It was good to see him and to talk to him about the baby. :) I'm feeling better about that, we'll see how I feel when he gets here.

Aunt Tina, as expected, had a rough time because that was her last sister. She commented on how much I helped, all the while with a pointed GLARE at Dina. lol As usual. She always makes comments like that, while glaring at Dina.

We went to Dave & Busters last night. Which was fun. Took Dina with us, to give Mom & Dad some time to just . . . do NOTHING. Brad, of course, insisted on buying her dinner, but let her buy the next round of drinks, which was actually 2 beers for Brad, 2 gin & tonics for her, and a cherry coke for me. When we got home, she went to bed, Brad & Riley went down and I vegged.

Dina, of course, sat on her butt through the party after the funeral. But whatever. I'm pretty used to that at this point. At least I know that I did what needed to be done and I can feel good about that. I just don't understand that "sit on my ass and let everyone else do the work" mentality that she has.

Later.

No comments: