Thursday, August 14, 2008

Customer service? What's that?

Ok, I must be having a week. I kid you not, I had the following conversation last night. We were at Applebees. I ordered a Perfect Margarita. It comes in a shaker tin with a strainer and you pour it.

Me: There's some green stuff floating in here.
Waitress: Oh, that's just mint.
Me: But there's no mint in this drink.
Waitress: Oh but we make mojitos.
Me: But this is a margarita. No mint in it.
Waitress: Well, I wanted you to know it wasn't something gross.
Me: It's something in my tin that shouldn't be there. That's gross in my book.
Waitress: But it's just mint. It must have not come out in the dishwasher.
Me: Which is gross.
Waitress: Well, I want you to know it was washed.
Me: It's still left over food. And I'm really bothered by the fact that the bartender would serve this in a tin that was dirty.
Waitress: Oh, well, she's really busy right now . . .
Me: So?
Waitress: Well, I'll get you a new one.
Me: That's ok. I'll take an iced tea with extra lemon.
Waitress: Ok, lemonade.
Me: TEA! Extra lemon!

Waitress walks away.

Me to Brad: Oh my gosh! You'd think they would be able to hire someone with a brain!

No comments: