Friday, January 08, 2010

Here we go!!!

Alright, I decided that I am going to post my plan for organizing/decluttering each room. I am going to allow myself 2 weeks per room, because Riley is gone 2 days of the week, so that means that the other 5 I have him home. I also never really know my schedule day to day because I could get a 6:30am phone call to work. I figure if I finish in less than 2 weeks, good for me! If I take the full 2 weeks, oh well!

My plan is to start at one end of the house & work my way back. However, I am going to work in Riley's room when time allows because I can really only do his room when he isn't home (or when he's outside) and it is just BAD. I haven't cleaned it since before Halloween. I know, bad Mommy. But every time I start to work in there, we either have a party or he has friends over & it ends up looking like a bomb went off.

So, here is the kitchen list:
Upper left cabinet
Upper right cabinet
Lower cabinet
Upper cabinet
Left drawers
Right drawers
Oven drawer
Pot cabinet
Gun rack***
Tupperware
Towels
Cookbooks
Oven
Stove
Microwave
Fridge
Freezer

Keep in mind, this isn't a cleaning list. This is an "organize & get rid of" list. So things like "sweep" aren't going to be on here!

I don't have a list for Riley's room yet. It just needs to be gone through! I really should take pictures of it.

So I'm off. I feel the desire to work on the gun rack***!



***This is a converted gun rack that we got for $5. Brad knocked out the parts where the guns would lean against & built shelves for it. It now holds my dishes, wine glasses, dish towels, things like that.

No comments: