Sunday, June 04, 2006

I finally did it

I've been getting crap from people "when are you going to do a blog?" and the like. So, here it is. Course, I don't plan on telling them about it! lol Yeah, I'm evil that way!

Yesterday was Brad's company party. We had it at Rancho Seco lake. Wish I knew how I got a sunburn when I was wearing sunblock. The only thing I can think of is that one, both or the combo of my meds reacted to the sun. But at least Riley didn't burn! :)
And of course, Brad had to work last night, so I was home with Riley with this sunburn that is so bad it is hard for me to pick him up. Fortunately Riley slept most of the night. He slept till 6 this morning...then slept again until Brad got home at 7:30.
Since I was so tired after the party, Riley and I hit a Burger King drive through. He had his first beef hamburger last night. Not sure that he liked it. lol I kept thinking "why is he making that face? He's had burgers before." Yeah he has, TURKEY burgers! lol Poor kid! That and he has always had pieces of ours, so they have cheese on them, as well as mustard and ketchup. Poor king had a plain burger last night...I didn't even get him cheese on it! lol Bad bad mommy!! lol

Now the baby is playing, he is just getting into everything! He has managed to pull his stuffed animals off the shelf and is yelling at them and throwing them around. He is such an active kid! He is finally crawling on his hands and knees rather than doing the army man crawl. He is still faster with the army man, so he often will army man it to go after a cat. lol Poor cats. They are so patient with him though. He pulls their fur...they sit there. If they get really impatient with him, they will smack him (note to self: Buy soft-paws Fri!) or go hide in the closet. Well, Toast usually hides, Bismarck hits him. lol Typical of their personalities. Anyway, he is a good baby. Except that he keeps unplugging the computer. Thankfully it doesn't matter on a laptop!

Last weekend, Memorial Day, I left him and Brad home from Sat till Tues. Not easy since he is still nursing. But they did fine. And getting to go scrapbooking for the weekend was nice too. I was able to get 15 pages of scrapping done. It doesn't seem like much, but I also got a facial! And, oh, the dinner we had!!! :) We had a chef come in on Mon night and he made Dunguness Crab Cakes with avocado and tomato salsa. Salad with three kinds of beets (which I can't eat with the PCOS...a good thing!). Main course was fillet mignon with a basalmic glaze, potato fingers and asparagus. Dessert was a chocolate hazelnut mousse with fresh whipped creme and berries. It was so yummy!

No comments: