Sunday, June 04, 2006

PCOS sucks! And some on Riley!! :)

PCOS...PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. Not fun. Basically, instead of ovulating an egg will form a cyst on my ovaries. Not a good thing. It means a few things. One, it means getting pregnant is difficult...no egg, no baby. Very simple. Two, when I have a period, it is painful.

It also means that I might never get pregnant again. It also means that insulin resistance, and the obesity that comes along with it, migraines, anxiety & depression come along too. Fortunately, there are meds for those things. Unfortunately one of the side effects for the insulin is...well...stomach trouble. Cramping & diarhea to be exact. Fortunately the effects go away with time. I just can't wait for them to go away. Course, once they do, I have to up my dose! lol Fortunately, that will be the last time I have to up it. And hopefully I can start getting some of this weight off!

PCOS sucks. It sucks to eat healthy and gain weight. It sucks to go to Weight Watchers and gain. It sucks to exercise and gain. It sucks to do everything "they" say to do and gain weight. I'm 4'9"...and I weigh 179. But I am one of the lucky ones. I don't have acne and facial hair. Or hair loss. Those are other side effects. PCOS is too much testoserone...so traditional male things happen. It sucks. I wish that I didn't have this. But on the other hand 1 in 16 women in the USA have it. So it is surprising that more people don't know about it.

I guess my rant is over. I have to admit that I am one of the lucky ones. I did get pregnant without fertility treatment. Well, those two pregnancy's ended in early miscarriages. But when I got pregnant with Riley it was a huge surprise. In fact, we had started the adoption process. We were very early in the process...but it was a huge surprise! And I am just so in love with him. He is such a sweet baby! So happy all the time. Tonight, we played for more than 5 minutes with his teething ring. I put it in my mouth, he took it out then put it back. He just kept doing that. He was laughing so hard! I could barely keep that chew toy in my mouth I was laughing so hard. Nothing has ever made him laugh like that. It was too cute. He is so sweet and so loving. But a bit of a brute. lol

We had some friends over for dinner the other night. They have a little girl who is 6 weeks younger than Riley. My son who will not take a binky when I try to give it to him was stealing this little girls...right out of her mouth!!! I was in shock! The little monkey!

He also beat up a kid in the church nursery. Ok, not beat up...the other little boy had a ring from a ring toss game and Riley wanted it. So he grabbed it from the little boy and hit him in the head with it...a few times. lol Too funny! I know, I'm gonna regret saying that one day!!

No comments: