Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Feel like I'm gonna cry

and I really don't know why I feel this way. I'm not sure if it is relief, fear or what.

We got back from taking my fil to the airport last night to a message that I have a dr appt tomorrow (Thurs) with my GI dr for a follow up on my EDG. Well, this doesn't work! I don't have childcare, Brad can't take the time off right now and I CAN'T take Riley to this appt. I was able to talk to him on the phone just a few minutes ago.

My biopsy's are fine. Except that they show this thing that is basically like asthma of the esophogus. It is usually related to food allergies. Of course, the 3 top allergens are things that make no sense for me. Eggs--which I don't eat. And I understand that eggs are in other things, but I don't even eat THOSE things on a daily basis. Seafood---I don't eat. Any fish. If it swam I don't eat it. The only think with fish in it in my house is Worcheshire Sauce. Some Italian dressings have anchovie paste but I buy the ones without it because my mom is allergic. And lastly, peanuts. Again, I don't eat nuts often enough. And I know that it could be something that is manufactured in a plant with nuts but again, not in my diet on a regular enough basis to explain something that happens almost daily.

I need to keep a food journal for 2 months then I will go back in with the journal to look at it. The only thing I am to do is take my Prilosec daily ("ignore the take it 30 min before you eat, just take it every morning!"), take my Pepcid Complete at bedtime, no soda (have maybe one a week) and no coffee (I don't drink it at all). When I go back in we will look and see and then decide the next course of action. Next course will be cutting things out of my diet. And maybe an inhaler, similar to what you'd have for asthma.


Later!

No comments: