Monday, July 07, 2008

The wedding

was AWESOME!!!! It was beautiful, went off without a hitch, she was GORGEOUS, he was . . . handsome. IDK, it's hard to think of Daniel as handsome! lol

I'm gonna start with the bachelorette party. First, the bride, maid of honor, myself and one other bridesmaid went to get pedicures. Did that, it was great. I got 4th of July toes. Blue, red stripe on the tips of the big toes, and clear star shaped rhinestones! lol FUN!

The other bridesmaid and I went to lunch, Fresh Choice. I couldn't believe that she had NEVER been to one! I remember back when they were HEALTHY! lol Anyway, her and I did that, the other 2 went to the airport to pick up the 5th bridesmaid. (The 4th was already here, staying with her sister.)

We were supposed to go play mini-golf but there were over 700 wild fires in the state at the time and the air quality was so bad. So we found this totally kick butt place to go, Monster Mini Golf. Black lights, glow in the dark paint, the whole 9 yards. Totally fun.

Picked up the last bridesmaid at the airport, went to Elephant Bar for dinner, I went home, they all had a sleep over at the maid of honors house.

Friday we decorated for the reception. The 3 girls from Portland & I went to the hotel, showered, rested, got ready for the rehearsal. Got to the rehearsal and the groom was . . . LATE! Totally typical of him! lol Did the rehearsal, had a groomsman pretend to faint (completely hysterical btw!), etc. It was typical.

The dinner was a Texas BBQ complete with my favorite, sweet tea! It was really fun. After us girls went in the hot tub at the hotel. His parents went totally overboard though. Oh my word! lol They had a guest book, Texas flags, favors with "Daniel and Adrienne Rehearsal Dinner" and the date on them. Eh, what do I expect? I got a FORMAL invitation!

Saturday was the wedding. I got to the church at 10:30, which is when Adrienne wanted us there. Laura & the Portland girls were still at the hotel. They didn't get to the church until after 11. Took lots of pics of us girls, had lots of fun.

I thought that I was going to pass out at the wedding. My feet swelled and so I didn't fit in my shoes but didn't realize that until we were up at the alter. Oh it was HORRID. :( I really thought that I was going to fall over.

The reception was nice. Appetizer type foods because of the time. Cake. The usual. Nothing super spectacular.

I did have to laugh at the other girls. On Friday they were all talking about how we were going to send someone to get lunch for us all before the wedding, which was at 1. Now, I was the only one who is married. I knew that this wasn't going to happen. But they were all so sure of themselves! I just bought Adrienne and myself some snacks at Starbucks! lol

Adrienne's parents had an after reception reception at the hotel. Which we went to. They had beef, chicken, potatoes, Caesar salad, rolls and cake. And lots and lots of wine and beer. That was fun too.

So all in all it went well. It was expensive but fun. I will NOT be in another wedding until Riley gets married though. I'm DONE!!! lol Fortunately no one is still single. No one better get divorced though!

Total cost:
Dress: $155
Alterations: $60
Shoes: $40
Bra: $48
Panties that don't show under dress: $6
Swimsuit for hot tub: $30
Bachelorette Party: $50
Pedicure: $67
Total: $456

Cost of seeing that look on Adrienne's face when the pastor introduced them: PRICELESS!

No comments: