Monday, July 28, 2008

Long weekend

I am not even sure I remember Friday. Oh yeah. I remember. Friday was the swim party and lunch at my friends house. It's something that she's trying to do every Fri. Whoever can make it does, we all bring something to share for lunch, the kids play and whoever wants to swim does. Then we got home, and left to go meet ANOTHER friend at the park for dinner & play time before swimming lessons.

Saturday we went to go see my grandma, who is doing really well btw, and then we went to Train Town. Then dinner with my folks. It doesn't sound like much but it was almost 6 hours of driving total.

Sunday was INSANE. Here was the plan: church, lunch, Target, home, clean, fair for rides and demolition derby. Church & lunch went fine. lol At lunch my friends dh called Brad. Said he had a new toy he wanted Brad to see. Brad's reply "Oh yeah, I heard!" "Wow, news travels fast." was his reply. Yeah, it does. Realized that I had forgotten to put my id and debit card back in my wallet so we went to Target and had them give us a gift card for the stuff we were returning because they would have put it on the card I didn't have and I needed things. Then we went to my friends house. The new toy was NOT the new Escalade they got on Fri but a new MOTORCYCLE! lol So no, news didn't travel fast!! We were thinking the wrong thing! lol Kids swam, had fun, came home, changed clothes and went to the fair.

Our fair is short, 4 days. So yesterday was the last day. We had promised Riley he could go on rides tonight. So we hit the demolition derby then rides. Got home around 11.

Had lunch with S today. Well, we planned to anyway. Sat down, Susan brought us our drinks. K called her. He'd wrecked while on the bike. He is currently at the hospital getting cleaned up. Nothing broken or anything but road rash at 70 mph isn't nice. I really don't know what to think. He doesn't have a motorcycle license. He hasn't taken a course. NOTHING.

Oh well, off to put away groceries then to get Riley for swimming!

No comments: